Sherpa.McKim is one of Canada’s leading technology driven marketing services companies. Our full-service approach allows our experienced team to lead Sherpa.McKim’s customers through needs analysis, strategy development and to the execution of digital and creative tactics that drive client success.
Your gregarious nature means you are the type of person that people want to be around. Your love of pop-culture and design will make a great fit with Sherpa.McKim’s culture. You have a keen understanding of the use and application of technology as it pertains to delivering high quality design.
A burning desire to do the best you can within established parameters is a key attribute of all successful team members.
Job Summary and Scope
The agency requires an experienced graphic designer with outstanding creative and technical skills using Adobe Creative Suite and web design applications. The ideal candidate will have two to four years’ experience developing creative for all mediums and show an impressive portfolio that demonstrates a particular talent for interactive design, corporate collateral and identity design.
This will be someone who will work closely with Art Directors and Creative Directors and work collaboratively with other members of the team to execute award winning creative work. This includes visualizing output from research, storytelling, and branding brainstorms. You have many projects under your belt, so you have developed strong leadership skills, while defining aiding in the creation of marketing strategy and supporting visual concepts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Developing, testing, documenting, and deploying high performance creative that drives ROI for our clients using a variety of tools and techniques
- Self-driven and works independently
- Ensuring projects meet client standards
- Developing strong stylized concepts to support various marketing strategies from the start of a project to finish
- Deliver tasks within given deadlines and budgets
- Strong typography skills
- Great portfolio of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, troubleshooting, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Diligence and commitment to Quality Assurance and self-assessment of your own work
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- Joomla, Drupal, WordPress
Other Duties as Required
- Employees are expected to help fill any gaps in work as each person’s capabilities allow.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in graphic design/digital media
- 2+ years’ experience
- Ability to adapt established look and feel of work and apply it to different mediums
- Ability to work in all mediums: print, TV radio, web
- Production, pre-press and printing knowledge a must
- Candidates should have diverse design skills such as graphic design, UX/UI, illustration, animation, photo-manipulation, and typography.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment
- Ability to work under pressure, and quickly assimilate large quantities of information
- An optimistic attitude and a willingness to learn
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and team skills
- A thorough understanding of the creative process