Marketing and Editorial Designer
At the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), we work hard, have fun, and our building has the best view in the city! We have won national quality awards for customer service and innovation. We are an innovative, quality-driven association with approximately 14,000 REALTOR® members. Our commitment is to provide members with the services and tools they need to serve their clients and the real estate needs of their communities. We promote life-long learning and believe in the value of sharing knowledge with colleagues, members, and others who may benefit from what we learn.
Do you have a passion for design and storytelling? We’re looking for someone who can elevate our visual storytelling. You’ll take charge of creating visually stunning and persuasive online and print materials and own our branding across all channels and departments with the support of our communication and events team.
This means you'll have your hands in a little bit of everything: editorial content, newsletters, annual reports, presentations, logos, illustrations, advertisements, brochures, reports, infographics, email banners, website content, landing pages, and other content that connects, inspires, and engages our audiences.
You’ll have the freedom to identify, pitch, and create visuals that strengthen our stories and enrich our brand. We want you to push the organization to explore new approaches and technology that help us tell our stories in the digital world.
Collaboration and personal accountability are definite requirements. You’ll collaborate with the communication team for input and guidance on themes, look, and emotion to consider, but will take responsibility for creating a majority of the branding designs across our websites, social media, and other digital and print assets. You’ll create brands for new services, marketing, and change management campaigns, and you’ll work with our IT and communication teams on projects that involve web design of landing and content pages, micro sites and social platforms.
The ideal person has a well-rounded design portfolio, is self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment and can convert thoughts, suggestions, and feedback into compelling design. You’re also a problem solver. We'll need you to think on your feet, meet deadlines and always make sure we’re using the power of visuals to communicate with our audiences. To thrive in this role, you must understand fundamental principles of design and be attuned to the latest trends in web and graphic design.
Other desired requirements for this position include:
• 3+ years of web and graphic design experience plus a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design.
• A respectful, open, collaborative, and professional approach with colleagues, and an ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across different departments to convert user needs and business goals into engaging visual content.
• The ability to create clean and modern presentations in PowerPoint.
• Experience designing and delivering annual reports, creating brands for campaigns and products, and creating web pages, online brochures, micro sites and other digital assets.
• The capacity to think quickly on your feet to conceptualize and execute a visual solution.
• A desire to learn and grow, take initiative, work independently and always meet deadlines.
• A solid understanding of best practices in brand standards.
• An interest in current events and creating timely, relevant editorial content.
• Experience working as a freelance illustrator or in an editorial art department is an asset.
While we thank all candidates for your interest, we will only contact those selected for an interview.